Thursday 11 October 2012

Introducing Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint....


Kitchen Scale and Linen!!!!!  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE KITCHEN SCALE!!!


The more I work with this paint, the more I love it!  You can create so many looks and finishes!  I am so excited to be a retailer of these paints and am eagerly awaiting my shipment which I was told was being shipped out this week!

Here is a before shot of a gorgeous, but very neglected buffet.  The woman I purchased it from said it was her great grandfathers.  It definitely had some flaws and really wasn't worth refinishing from a staining point of view, although if it had been I would have seriously considered it!  I knew that some paint however would give it new life.

When I took my first photo of it, I got a bit of a scare!  There were orbs surrounding it and I remember saying to my husband that I thought there may be some spirits that came with it!  Seeing how I watch Long Island Medium, I decided it best to talk to the piece and tell it that I would take good care of it and make it beautiful again!!!!  Yes, I really did that!!  My daughter even went as far as asking for only good spirits to surround it!!!



When choosing colours for it, I wanted to try one of Miss Mustard Seed's that I hadn't used yet.  Kitchen scale caught my eye and I didn't look back!  I love how the finish turned out.  I wanted a very shabby look to it, with the wood grain showing through, I also painted it Linen first so that it would come through also.  Here are some close ups of the piece as I went along:

With the paint on unsanded...





A close up of it once I started sanding it...





And....Here is the end result...


The chair pictured with it was finished in ASCP Duck Egg Blue.  They seem to go well together.  The top of the piece was finished in a dark bronze metallic.  I love the metallics and the dark bronze looks a lot like wood stain, so I am very happy with the results.  I am not quite finished.  The inside of the drawers need some refinishing, and I have some fabrics I purchased today that I will be using and will post photos of them when I am done.

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous!!! I love all the colors you chose. I've never used the dark bronze metallic but after seeing this piece...I'll be taking another trip to the store! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! You can get it at Benjamin Moore or Rona....I love the metallic paints...!!

    ReplyDelete