Friday 31 August 2012

I recently got my hands on an old rustic farmhouse desk and chair and was looking forward to giving it a facelift.  Here is a photo of it when I first got it into my workshop...





As with any project, I hummed and hawed about how I would refinish it.  I decided that this would be a perfect opportunity to use my Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paints that I had received to try out prior to getting my shipment which should arrive within the next few weeks btw!!

At first, I didn't want to touch the chair, it was such a unique piece, but once I got working on the desk, it just didn't look like it belonged with it anymore, so I decided to chique it up!!

Here it is finished in Typewriter and Linen... I used a dark wax over the linen to give it a bit of definition.  I clear waxed it first though.



I have to show you a photo of the top of the desk..when I say it's rustic, this photo will show you what I mean.  I used the typewriter and also the linen as a whitewash basically to tie it in with the rest of the desk.  


Here are some more photos of it.  I should mention that working with the milk paints is so simple and I love the finish!  Can hardly wait for my next project to be completed...








1 comment: