Thursday 6 September 2012

Silly me!!  I sometimes get so excited about starting a refinishing project that I forget to take a before shot!  I have recently been working on a vintage Andrew Malcolm dresser with mirror and I decided I wanted to make something that would go nicely in a girls room.  For this project, I went with ASCP Old White and Scandanavian Pink.  I ended up mixing the Old White and Pink together to tone down the pink a little and have started doing a dry brush of Old White over it as well.  

Here are some photos.  I will upload the finished piece later today when I am finished!


As you can see, I get a little ahead of myself when working on a project...I already have one piece of hardware sprayed metallic nickel (one of my favs).  This photo was taken after I put a 2nd coat of Old White on the top of the dresser.  I love the hardware on this piece, they look like hearts which is why I decided to make this more for a young girl.  Who knows though, I'm sure there are plenty of women out there that would love this for their rooms too!



No comments:

Post a Comment