Tuesday 11 September 2012

Armoire Upcycle

I have been so busy recently that I haven't had a chance to post any of my recent projects, so here are a few before and after photos:

China Cabinet





Armoire:





I recently got my hands on a solid oak bedroom set that was certainly looking outdated and drab.  I decided this would be my chance to try out my Miss Mustard Seed milk paint samples that I had recently received.  The armoire pictured is finished in "Typewriter".  I mixed up a small portion of my milk paint and started painting the armoire and realized that I still had tons left to keep going, so I have now painted the dresser and 2 end tables the same.  Pictures of them to follow.

I wanted to lighten this piece up a bit around the doors and drawers, so I decided to go with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint for them.  They are finished in Old Ochre and then clear wax and dark wax over that to give them some definition.

Below are some more before and afters I wanted to share with you!

Before
 After

Before
 After




Before/After Dresser



Before


 After








No comments:

Post a Comment